KGM Theatrical provides general management services to commercial productions in New York, on tour, and across the country. Select projects include Born For This, Pittsburgh CLO, Fly More Than You Fall, Invincible, Little Dancer, MacGyver The Musical, Rock of Ages, Heathers, and Slava’s Snowshow.
KGM is looking for a full-time General Management Intern to join our team late August through December, 2022.
At KGM we have a human first culture. We prefer calm thoughtful work to reactive work. We respect nights and weekends when possible and believe there should be time to take care of our families and loved ones. We love the work, but we believe we’re most successful when we have balance.
We rely on the written word. Instead of long meetings and endless video calls, we primarily communicate in writing. A thoughtful write-up is worth ten Zoom meetings. Plus, nothing gets lost in translation. There’s always a record so others on the team can dip in and out of projects and know exactly where things stand.
We’re known for using technology to help us stay organized and promote a calm focused workplace. But apps and technology can never replace the human connection we forge with our clients.
We do things a little differently at KGM and we’re looking for someone who wants to go along for that ride.
WHAT’S A SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE LOOK LIKE?
– You have experience with technology and enjoy using and innovating with productivity apps and websites.
– You’re an effective communicator and enjoy working with a team.
– You thrive in an asynchronous work culture and able to communicate your thoughts through writing.
– You enjoy the arts and what we do. But you’re well rounded and have interests outside of theater. Do you run, bake, read or play video games? We love that.
– You’re interested in pursuing a career in theatre management (producing, general management, company management, etc.).
– You’re excited about the prospect of working in a fast-paced office and learning from those around you.
WHAT DOES DAY-TO-DAY LOOK LIKE?
– General research for General Managers and/or clients
– Support office management and administration (organization, mail & package administration, etc.)
– Assist with management of developmental readings
-Assist with management of a running Off Broadway production
-Provide additional support to General Managers, as needed
This is a full-time paid position with a tentative start date in late August, 2022. The term is flexible, but the ideal candidate can work full-time through December.
Currently, KGM is a hybrid workplace with most work happening in-person. All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including a booster six months after the second dose, and agree to follow office and Broadway League COVID-19 protocols.
KGM Theatrical values diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, affectional preference, gender identity or expression, sexual and reproductive health decisions, pregnancy, disability, genetic predisposition, age, military, or veteran status, marital or familial status, or any other protected characteristic, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theatre field are strongly encouraged to apply.
Aug 15, 2022 – Dec 31, 2022