KGM Theatrical provides general management services to commercial productions in New York, on tour, and across the country. Select projects include Asi Wind’s Inner Circle, Born For This, Death Drop, Escapism, Fly More Than You Fall, Invincible, Little Dancer, MacGyver The Musical, Mozart: Her Story, RUTKA, Rock of Ages, Heathers, and Slava’s Snowshow.
KGM is looking for a part-time (25-35 hours per week) General Management Intern to join our team through June.
KGM Theatrical is a general management firm for commercial Broadway and off-Broadway productions.
At KGM, we prioritize the written word. We believe that a thoughtful write-up is worth ten Zoom meetings, so strong written communication skills will be essential for any applicant’s success at the company.
We use 21st-century tools to cater to our clients’ needs. Instead of using dozens of filing cabinets, maintaining a robust system for digital records is crucial to our operations.
At KGM we have a human-first culture. We prefer calm, thoughtful work to frenzied, reactive work. We love what we do, but we believe we’re most successful when we have balance.
What Does a Successful Candidate Look Like?
• You have experience with technology and enjoy using and innovating with productivity apps and websites.
• You’re an effective communicator and enjoy working with a team.
• You thrive in an asynchronous work culture and can communicate your thoughts through writing.
• You enjoy the arts and what we do. But you’re well rounded and have interests outside of theater. Do you run, bake, read, or play video games? We love that.
• You’re interested in pursuing a career in theatre management (producing, general management, company management, etc.).
• You’re excited about the prospect of working in a fast-paced office and learning from those around you.
What Does Day-to-Day Look like?
• General research for General Managers and/or clients
• Support office management and administration (filing, organization, mail & package administration, etc.)
• Assist with management of developmental readings
• Assist with management of running productions
• Assist with management of the rehearsal process for upcoming productions
• Book and coordinate travel
• Assist company management teams as needed
• Provide additional support to General Managers, as needed
This is a paid, part-time (25-35 hours per week) position. The term is flexible, but the ideal candidate can work through June 2023.
All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including a booster six months after the second dose, and agree to follow office and Broadway League COVID-19 protocols.
KGM Theatrical values diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, affectional preference, gender identity or expression, sexual and reproductive health decisions, pregnancy, disability, genetic predisposition, age, military, or veteran status, marital or familial status, or any other protected characteristic, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theatre field are strongly encouraged to apply.